The first step to registering your child is to add a Child Account to your NYCRUNS account. A child aged 17 or under at the time of registration, can be registered with a Child Account. Once the child turns 18, they will need to create their own account to register for a race.
Follow these steps to add a Child Account to your NYCRUNS account:
- Sign in to your NYCRUNS account and view your dashboard.
- Click on “Child Accounts.”
- Click “Add a Child.”
- Enter their profile information and click “Add Child.”
Once you’ve added a Child Account (or if you have one added already), you can follow these steps to register them for an event:
- Find the race your child wants to participate in and click “Register.”
- Under “Personal Information,” use the drop down option under “First Name” to select your child’s name.
- Finish filling in their information and follow the steps for individual registration.
- The child will have their own QR code that will show up in your dashboard (which you may need if you’re picking up your bib on race day).
Please note, certain age restrictions may limit which events you can register your child for.