Founded in 2009, NYCRUNS mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
In 2022, NYCRUNS will stage approximately 30 running events in NYC (and one in New Jersey) for as many as 100,000 athletes. We’re based in Industry City, a hip office and retail complex in Brooklyn.
If you love running events, making people happy, and are committed to making New York City a better place, this could be the place for you. We’re poised for significant growth and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us get to the next level. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Digital Marketing Director, you’ll be on the front line of our marketing efforts – directing and executing social media campaigns, taking our brand to new heights through SEM, and bringing world class acumen to our email marketing efforts. You will report directly to the CEO and you will have an opportunity to make a huge impact. Your responsibilities would include
- Optimize online presence, with a particular focus on growing registration revenue while managing CPA (cost per acquisition)
- Manage email marketing activities by taking the lead in copywriting, image selection and template design to increase open, click and conversion rates.
- Analyze and produce marketing reports.
- Develop marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics to meet registration objectives.
- Determine areas of opportunity, make recommendations and implement strategies to increase website traffic, maximize content and increase race registrations.
- Aid in creation of sales and marketing collateral, and digital marketing content for various projects within the NYCRUNS ecosystem.
- Work with a start-up mentality to test, iterate, and scale initiatives under an accelerated time frame and in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications, advertising, or marketing
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience in a B2C environment, including the strategic management and hands on execution of paid media channels (Display, SEM, Mobile, Paid Social, etc.)
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, creative, self-starter with exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects effectively and competently with the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes and new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- A passion for technology and digital media, including knowledge of evolving best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated marketing strategies, audience segmentation and data management skills including list building.
- An energetic and outgoing attitude, with an analytical approach on the best ways to grow our brand.
- A desire to be in a startup environment and be a team player who can also work independently.
If you are the outstanding digital marketing professional we are seeking, apply now. For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.