NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge
The NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge consists primarily of races put on by New York-area running clubs. We believe that a healthy club scene leads to a healthy racing scene overall, and the NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge is geared towards helping area clubs grow through mutual support and friendly rivalry.
Standings (limited to clubs with more than 10 points after Founders 5K)
Click Image To Embiggen Stats
2013 Challenge Races
2/10 – Brooklyn Road Runner’s Club Valentine’s Day 5K (Prospect Park)
2/17 – Prospect Park Track Club’s Cherry Tree 10 Miler (individual, but not relay) (Prospect Park)
3/9 – The NYCRUNS Mile At The NBR McCarren Park Track Classic (McCarren Park)
6/30 – The New York Harriers 5K (Randall’s Island)
7/27 – Central Park Track Club Founder’s 5K (Prospect Park)
8/10 – The NY Flyers Laurie Harris Hope & Dreams 5K (Roosevelt Island)
9/29 – The Yonkers Half Marathon – double points (Yonkers)
12/8 – The New York City Ekiden & Bonsai Half Marathon – (Central Park)
Points & Scoring
Races in the series will allow clubs to score a maximum of 20 points, with the exception of Yonkers where all point totals are double (allowing 40 total), and the combined Ekiden/ Bonsai event (40 total, 20 in each race). There are no age group or participation points in the Ekiden.
Club leaders and other interested parties are strongly encouraged to make suggestions to improve the system, which is subject to revision if something blatantly insensible happens. This is only the 3rd year of the InterClub Challenge and it’s a work in progress. Please email us with your suggestions.
Points will be assigned on this basis for single points races, double these numbers for double points races.
1. Any club can score a maximum of 20 points per event (even if there are multiple races).
2. 1st Overall in your gender is worth 6 points. 2nd overall is worth 5 points. 3rd overall is worth 4 points. (For The Ekiden, Gender is Division)
3. 1st in your age group is worth 3 points, 2nd in your age group is worth 2 points, 3rd is 1 point.
4. 5 non scoring runners per club can earn 1 point a piece just for participating.
6. A given runner can only earn points once per race and the highest point total will be assigned for that runner. No double dipping!
7. Clubs must be listed in the NYCRUNS directory on the day of the race they are scoring points. (This rule is temporarily suspended until the new NYCRUNS club directory is in place)
8. Runners must register online and list their clubs to be counted as club runners or notify firstname.lastname@example.org before the race.
9. In the event of a series tie, NYCRUNS will come up with something to settle it that both clubs will agree upon. NYCRUNS is allowed to craft a solution that no one likes.
10. All other disputes will be settled as fairly as possible.
A Trophy! The accolades and envy of your peers! Sponsor swag if we have any!