The NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge consists entirely of races put on by New York-area running clubs. We believe that a healthy club scene leads to a healthy racing scene overall, and the NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge is geared towards helping area clubs grow through mutual support and friendly rivalry.
The current list of 2013 NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge races is below, followed by rules and scoring methods. The current standings are here
2/10 – Brooklyn Road Runner’s Club Valentine’s Day 5K (Prospect Park)
2/17 – Prospect Park Track Club’s Cherry Tree 10 Miler (individual, but not relay) (Prospect Park)
3/9 – The NYCRUNS Mile At The NBR McCarren Park Track Classic (McCarren Park)
6/30 – The New York Harriers 5K (Randall’s Island)
7/27 – Central Park Track Club Founder’s 5K (Prospect Park)
8/10 – The NY Flyers Laurie Harris Hope & Dreams 5K (Roosevelt Island)
9/29 – The Yonkers Half Marathon – double points (Yonkers)
12/8 – The New York City Ekiden – double points (Central Park)
Points & Scoring
Races in the series will allow clubs to score a maximum of 20 points, with the exception of Yonkers and The Ekiden — both of which are double-points races, allowing a maximum of 40 and 48 points respectively. Club leaders and other interested parties are strongly encouraged to make suggestions to improve the system, which is subject to revision if something blatantly insensible happens. This is only the 3rd year of the InterClub Challenge and it’s a work in progress. Please email us with your suggestions.
Points will be assigned on this basis for single points races, double these numbers for double points races.
1. Any club can score a maximum of 20 points per event (even if there are multiple races).
2. 1st Overall in your gender is worth 6 points. 2nd overall is worth 5 points. 3rd overall is worth 4 points. (For The Ekiden, Gender is Division)
3. 1st in your age group is worth 3 points, 2nd in your age group is worth 2 points, 3rd is 1 point.
4. 5 non scoring runners per club can earn 1 point a piece just for participating.
7. Clubs must be listed in the NYCRUNS directory on the day of the race they are scoring points. (This rule is temporarily suspended until the new NYCRUNS club directory is in place)
8. Runners must register online and list their clubs to be counted as club runners or notify firstname.lastname@example.org before the race.
9. In the event of a series tie, NYCRUNS will come up with something to settle it that both clubs will agree upon. NYCRUNS is allowed to craft a solution that no one likes.
10. All other disputes will be settled as fairly as possible.
A Trophy! The accolades and envy of your peers! Sponsor swag if we have any!
Final 2012 Standings
|Club Name||Cherry Tree 10 Miler||The Race At Roosevelt Island||Harriers 5K||Founders 5K||Yonkers Half||Ekiden||Total|