NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge
One More Race To Go!
With just the NYCRUNS Frozen Bonsai Half Marathon left in the 2014 Challenge, it is down to a two team competition between North Brooklyn Runners & the New York Harriers (FRNY has a statistically unlikely chance as well). 30 points are up for grab so none of the top 3 spots are locked down yet with PPTC, Warren St. and the Dashing Whippets in the mix.
The NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge consists primarily of races put on by New York-area running clubs. We believe that a healthy club scene leads to a healthy racing scene overall, and the NYCRUNS InterClub Challenge is geared towards helping area clubs grow through mutual support and friendly rivalry.
2014 Challenge Races (not finalized)
2/16 – Prospect Park Track Club’s Cherry Tree 10 Miler (Prospect Park)
4/25 – The NYCRUNS Mile At The NBR McCarren Park Track Classic (McCarren Park)
5/31 – The McCarren 5K (Brooklyn)
8/27 – The New York Harriers 5K (Riverside Park)
9/20 – FRNY’s Cross-Country Meet (Van Cortlandt Park)
12/9 – Frozen Bonsai Half Marathon (Central Park)
Points & Scoring
1. Any club can score a maximum of 15 points per event. The Frozen Bonsai Half Marathon is a double points race allowing 30 points per club to be scored.
2. 1st Overall in your gender is worth 6 points. 2nd overall is worth 5 points. 3rd overall is worth 4 points.
3. 1st in your age group is worth 3 points, 2nd in your age group is worth 2 points, 3rd is 1 point.
4. 3 non scoring runners per club can earn 1 point a piece just for participating in each race.
5. A given runner can only earn points once per race and the highest point total will be assigned for that runner. No double dipping!
6. Clubs may be dropped from scoring if they fail to score a single point in more than one race. (If your club does not appear above, they failed to meet this criteria)
7. Runners must register online and list their clubs to be counted as club runners or notify email@example.com before the race.
8. In the event of a series tie, NYCRUNS will come up with something to settle it that both clubs will agree upon. NYCRUNS is allowed to craft a solution that no one likes.
9. All other disputes will be settled as fairly as possible.
A Trophy! The accolades and envy of your peers! Sponsor swag if we have any!